Since the materials used in nylon and SmartStrand carpets are actually invented by the same company, albeit one is older and the other is newer, you are certainly wondering whether the new material is actually better than the old material. The latest trend of "triexta" carpet, such as Mohawk's SmartStrand Silk, offers built-in soil and stain resistance and a soft surface. In addition, they can be considered ‘greener’ because they are made using the renewable corn glucose in place of petroleum. It’s indeed … PTT is produced by using two monomer units, which are 1,3-propanediol and dimethyl terephthalate. The regular SmartStrand carpets are somewhat softer, whereas the SmartStrand Silk carpets are even softer and plusher and incredibly comfortable. If you’re looking for something a little softer than their base lineup, Mohawk SmartStrand Ultra Silk has 3x the fibers found in nylon carpeting and Silk Reserve is said to be even softer. But it has hot and cold reviews online. Carpet Fibers & Durability (Smartstrand vs. Nylon) 2020 Alan J Fletcher - 30-Year Carpet Expert and Trusted Consumer Advocate since 1998 . Please enter a valid zip code. Triexta had found its way into the marketplace with Mohawk’s SmartStrand fiber, which is made from DuPont’s Sorona polymer. Well, according to the manufacturer, SmartStrand carpets are as strong as nylon carpets, able to last just as long. Worst carpet I ever had. I already had some of Shaws Anso Rx2. Triexta is a relatively new carpet fiber to the market that you’ll see called several different names. I chose the same cut and loop style, in a close color.Pictured above are my carpet samples: the Forever Clean triexta carpet (style: Starcrest) on the left, and a polyester carpet … We went to several stores but I think we are nailed down to two choices in HomeDepot - the "Platinum Plus Collection (100% softsense nylon)" vs the 100% Mohawk SmartStrand BCF Triexta With DuPont Sorona … Nylon would be the most suitable fiber for such areas to have high durability. Nylon vs. Smartstrand Carpet? Posted: (6 days ago) Nylon Carpet vs. Mohawk SmartStrand Triexta Carpet Fiber To prove how durable it is, Mohawk took its Triexta brand, called SmartStrand , and launched the “SmartStrand Challenge.” This challenge consisted of Mohawk’s flagship Triexta fiber brand and installing it in a rhino enclosure for two weeks. Sorona, SmartStrand, or PTT are all different names for triexta. What You Should Know About Triexta Carpet. Contact Claghorn Custom Flooring at (317) 873-6202 today to learn more about our professional carpeting services. Founded in 1946, Shaw flooring is the largest carpet manufacturer in the world today. 2. Nylon is more expensive than other synthetic carpet fibers and is one of the most commonly used carpet fiber today. Finally, SmartStrand carpets are backed by some … We have no children, no pets, take off our shoes and vacuum regularly. Needless to say I was intrigued. Mohawk Smartstrand made by Dupont holds up if wear and tear is a factor vs Nylon? Archived. What homeowners need to know about Carpet Fibers . We are replacing carpet in our living and bedrooms areas. SmartStrand is Mohawk’s signature fiber, made from a patented polymer known as “Triexta.” Triexta is very similar in its composition to polyester but is made of up to one-third corn glucose. Total nightmare. But it has hot and cold reviews online. cheerpeople. This is possible because the production of nylon is generally more expensive than the production of triexta. In general, SmartStrand carpets are indeed great. The local places I go into seem to push Mohawk Smartstrand. Nylon … (Read also: Carpet Cleaning Professional vs Doing Yourself). SmartStrand is made from an artificial fiber, triexta, which is a PTT polymer also known as DuPont Sorona. It has been impossible to take care of. In addition, they can be considered ‘greener’ because they are made using the renewable corn glucose in place of petroleum. The result: The triexta carpet was totally cleaned with just hot water extraction. Meanwhile, a nylon carpet usually comes with a 10-year texture retention warranty and a 10-year stain warranty. SmartStrand carpets are better than nylon because they are softer, are inherently resistant to stains, and do not release harmful volatile gases. Like the EverStrand® carpet, it is environmentally friendly because it is made in part from renewable resources. SmartStrand is a brand. SmartStrand Silk is still stain-resistant but has more fibers than your average carpet. They named it triexta, and it is similar to polyester. Nylon. Use That Cash to Pay for New Flooring! You will have additional problems with high pile SmartStrand carpet. Polyester also is environmentally friendly, and friendly to homeowners with allergies. However, because the nylon fiber itself is more costly to produce than the triexta fiber, a given nylon carpet will likely be more expensive than a triexta carpet of equivalent quality. A SmartStrand carpet is usually protected by a 25-year texture retention warranty and a lifetime stain and soil warranty.

nylon vs smartstrand carpet

Gretsch G2622t Streamliner Center Block Double-cut Imperial Stain, Parallel Universe Volume Ii Troublemaker Tele® Deluxe Bigsby®, Argyll Bute Agendas, Lifetime Vibe G Force, Ge 27 Double Electric Wall Oven, Cr2o72- + So2 = Cr3+ + Hso4-,