This is definitely an issue if the copper surface is untreated (G14 heatsink). Hot. On the Geekbench 4.3 overall performance test, the G5 15 SE scored a 29,253, putting it just behind the Zephyrus G14 (30,181; Ryzen 9 4900HS) and … This is essential to extend the life time of you device, all my computer, desktop PC and laptops last at least 5-6 years, most of them much longer. Repaste - replacing the thermal compond on both the cpu and gpu initially didnt work for me. Oh, and extremely expensive for what it's worth. With an 8-core processor and an RTX GPU in a thin 14-inch laptop, this is a very attractive option for prospective buyers that need a fast system but in a more portable package vs a 15-inch model. I have tried undervolting and it does nothing, the only thing that seems to work is undervolting and limiting the clocks to 3,3 GHZ but then im loosing FPS in games. Kapton tape is good for up to 200+ celsius. • ⁠Note that you will need to repeat parts of this process 1 month in by applying a tiny bit more LM to the contact surfaces, as some of the LM will have reacted (formed an alloy) with the exposed bare copper. Edit: and if I cut a super thin piece that goes strictly inside the metal square, it's way too thin to be flexible enough to go over the transistors and still stick to the the pcb. It is nonetheless a slightly larger and heavier product, so the Stealth still has the portability factor on its side. So repasting works a bit. Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/5zRbxqz, Press J to jump to the feed. I see. It will literally take a perfectly sized piece of tape and perfectly untouched adhesive to ever work. Buy ASUS ROG Zephyrus S Ultra Slim Gaming Laptop, 15.6” 144Hz IPS Type FHD, GeForce RTX 2070, Intel Core i7-8750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD, Aura Sync RGB, Windows 10 64-bit, GX531GW-AS76 .62” Thin: Everything Else - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases If you don't have a ton of experience working with this stuff, please read the following on proper LM (liquid metal) installation procedures for laptops: You'll want to make a temporary installation "shield" using a paper towel or piece of paper that is cut to shape over all the components besides the heatsink to catch any stray drops of LM. Asus ROG Zephyrus S (GX531GS-AH76) Repair information for the fall 2018 addition to the ASUS ROG Zephyrus lineup. For this particular model, ASUS decided not to use any thermal pads to cool the VRMs and GPU memory. card classic compact. Or just leave it as what it was? The SSD has a shield-like heatsink installed on it already. Without a doubt the Asus Zephyrus G15 runs hotter than many laptops because Asus blocked off the fan air intakes but what can we do about it? In my experience renewing is unnecessary. card. There is no need to repaste the VRMs the first time, however you shouldn't use pads (necessary thickness unknown) or thermal compound. I would recommend K5-PRO which is a thick gummy paste intended to replace thermal pads.". I find this to be unnecessary and believe it might add thickness and compromise the heatsink contact. r/ZephyrusG15 Lounge ... Posted by 6 months ago. With K5-PRO, the compound comes with a little spreader to apply with. I often played PUBG in the past, and i checked the temperatures in the system information in the asus gaming center. KMS. With thermal epoxy? Hot New Top Rising. Archived. Despite being able to easily increase the power limit on the 10875H, which is something our Ryzen 9 4900HS test system in the Asus Zephyrus G14 did not, the 10875H is … Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/5zRbxqz, Press J to jump to the feed. Archived. My tests were the machine on idle. He was also the god of spring, the husband of Chloris (Greenery), and father of Carpus (Fruit). If you did a perfect job with the Kapton tape and applied the proper amount, it shouldn't pose an issue. With the release of the Zephyrus G14, Asus hopes to bring the same high-performing components of a larger laptop into a much smaller package. Hi :) I am truly worried about my cpu temperatures in my GX501. Yo I need some goddamn tips on how to get the Kapton tape to stay down . In other words, if it looks like it can flow around or drip, you've applied too much. Yes, I used Gelid GC-Extreme Thermopad 0.5mm but I would suggest to go with 1mm, since I checked after screwing everything together if they are no gaps and some areas were full touched. $15.70 shipping. When my XPS13 hits over 80 degree. Hi, I have recently just got the Zephyrus S laptop with the I7 8750H and the RTX 2070 Max-q. Only 3 left in stock - order soon. It might shoot out everywhere! It definitely wouldn't hurt to check on the installation or monitor temperatures periodically. ASUS - ROG Zephyrus G14 14" Gaming Laptop - AMD Ryzen 9 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 - 1TB SSD - Moonlight White 4.8 out of 5 stars 23. Posted by 7 months ago. ASUS - ROG Zephyrus G14 14" Gaming Laptop - AMD Ryzen 9 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA G. 5 out of 5 stars (2) 2 product ratings - ASUS - ROG Zephyrus G14 14" Gaming Laptop - AMD Ryzen 9 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA G. $810.00. This is definitely an issue if the copper surface is untreated (G14 heatsink). This is nothing specific to G14, doing a repaste at least once a year and cleaning up fans and vents from dust is like changing oil in you car. Never directly apply LM by squeezing the plunger onto the processor or heatsink. In myth Zephyros was a rival of the god Apollo for the love of Hyacinthus. Rising. 118. I want to apply pads/K5 to all the VRMs and SSDs to help cool the entire system. Should I repaste all them with thermal paste? Now posting Phase two of my test. After having a Sony Viao that was overheating for years, didn't want to have the same kind of experience. Huge pain in the ass. It will dissolve aluminum (since it contains gallium) and react with some other metals! • ⁠ALSO: make sure it never touches anything other than copper or the CPU / GPU surface. 2 bids. ... ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 4900HS 2060 Max-Q. How do you determine the thickness of pad required or gauge the amount of paste to apply. Btw I’d repaste my G14 with kyronaut and it drop 3 degrees. If you want to repaste you should use this again. Nice wrap up! Reputations: 8 Asus Zephyrus SSD and Ram Memory Upgrade.How to open and Upgrade ram and SSD on Asus Zephyrus. Ultimately though, all you can do is repaste the CPU and GPU if you want to directly improve GPU temps. There is 4K 60Hz option for creators and FHD 300Hz for gamers. They all work without any problems, just cool and silent. Hope this helps! It is viscous style of thermal pad, known as K5-Pro. The bonded copper/LM alloy doesn't do anything that compromises the cooling, so i just let it sit there. Phase 1: repaste Phase 2: unblock vents. Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 Owner's Lounge. But to my surprise, after letting it sit for about 2-3hrs the temps drops further between 3-5degC depending on the workload. It's powered by the powerful 10th Gen Intel Core-i9 10980HK CPU and Nvidia's RTX 2080 Super with Max-Q. I just applied some Kryonaut over the pad to clear the gaps, works fine already over a week.I know that K5 PRO thermal paste is also often recommend for such applications. R9 290x btw, and I honestly feel like if you just do the LM right, you dont need the tape. I repaste my laptops with LM for years now and never renewed anything. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the ZephyrusG14 community, All about the ASUS Zephyrus G14 & G15. Discussion on the Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 r/ ZephyrusG15. Amazon.com: ASUS ROG Zephyrus Thin & Light Gaming Laptop, 15.6” Full HD 120Hz, Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Max Q, 16GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Professional – GX501VI-XS74: Computers & Accessories NEW OWNERS: How to fix thermal, fan noise, battery life issues on G14/G15. Just got this laptop after watching many reviews trying to pick the best cooled slim laptop in the market, that could possibly run games pretty well too. "For this particular model, ASUS decided not to use any thermal pads to cool the VRMs and GPU memory. There's no need to go overboard since you aren't going to be overclocking anything in this anyway. I have heard reports from people saying that the LM was absorbed to the point of being dry. Carefully reassemble by tightening the heatsink screws diagonally and in small, even increments to ensure a proper, even contact with the die. People have used thin black electrical tape to seal; from experience, I would not recommend it because some tapes are not heat resistant or leave sticky black adhesive behind... many are also too thick). Some people go to another step of precaution and cut a thin foam barrier out of some packing material and surround the CPU and GPU package with it as extra insurance. Blade Stealth 13 vs Asus Zephyrus G14 – gaming ultrabooks in 2020. You will want surfaces to be shiny but without any "pool" of LM. No need to do anything. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. If you're still concerned, feel free to check out the troubleshooting guide here to diagnose your specific problem and see potential solutions. The ROG Zephyrus is the ultimate portable machine made with love by ASUS. I would recommend K5-PRO which is a thick gummy paste intended to replace thermal pads. Ideally, you'll want just enough to bridge the gap. I want to repaste my GX501 with Liquid Metal because I want to get the best out of this beatiful laptop. I have heard reports from people saying that the LM was absorbed to the point of being dry. Thanks. These are my results from phase 1 AND 2 now. are repaste is a must for every g14 user? So i got a Zephyrus G15 a couple days ago. If this is the first time the die or heatsink has had LM applied to it, it will take a while to work it in. Getting a gaming laptop I expected to be able to play games on it on a whim. I opened up my unit and repaste it with themal grizzly's paste and I noticed that there are quite a lot of thermal thermal epoxy on what I assume to be the vram of the dgpu and vrm of the motherboard. 2. The Zephyrus G14 is, for now, the only premium AMD-based ultraportable available in stores, so pretty much the closest alternative to the Blade Sealth 13 2020. I also recommend you seal off the edges of the copper heatspreaders on the heatsink that touches the CPU and GPU using the same thin Kapton tape (such that the only exposed part is the one that will touch the die; this is to make the long term installation more secure and less likely for the LM to leak out) and work the LM in using only a Q-tip. Shit wants to stay flush with the metal heatsink base around it, so the tape basically floats above the transistors. I have three laptop and a desktop, this one I am most worry about temperature. I freak out. For me it improves the thermal a lot, so if you have good paste and willing to tear your device open, I would say go for it, More posts from the ZephyrusG14 community, All about the ASUS Zephyrus G14 & G15. Model number: GX531GS-AH76. 2 months ago. Asus Zephyrus G14 revisited – one month later (Ryzen 9 4900HS performance and gaming, vs Ryzen 7 4800HS) 56 I’ve had several Zephyrus G14 models on my desk during these last two months, and have been using them both as daily drivers and while running our various tests. It definitely wouldn't hurt to check on the installation or monitor temperatures periodically. Hot New Top. Posted Phase 1 of my test. His Roman name was Favonius. Ending Nov 17 at 6:39PM PST 6d 21h. Also how do you find K5 vs. Fujipoly pads? The GPU temp is not critical, but the CPU is at 96-98 degrees Celcius. custom90gt, Nov 5, 2020, in forum: Notebooks and Desktops for Sale. But fuck it, imma spend 5 hours cutting tape until I get the magic pieces it takes to be effective. Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401IV: Display: 14-inch, 2560 x 1440 px IPS 60 Hz, 16:9, non-touch, matte, ActiveSync, AU Optronics B140QAN02.3 panel or 14-inch, 1920 x 1080 px IPS 120 Hz, 16:9, non-touch, matte, ActiveSync, CEC LM140LF-1F01 panel The only reason undervolting may help your GPU temp as it is is because the heat from the CPU overloads the cooling solution's ability to deal with the GPU heat as well. The Q-tip will allow you to apply a safe amount and also use less of the material (this stuff is expensive!). But my early experience thus far has been … Too much may prevent the heatsink from making proper contact with the CPU or GPU. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. This is nothing specific to G14, doing a repaste at least once a year and cleaning up fans and vents from dust is like changing oil in you car. $1,427.98. Good luck if you want to repaste because the clean up was a PITA. Our review unit is a pre-production sample offered by Asus for the purpose of this review, but it performed just as you should expect from the final retail models.Retail configurations might get different amounts of memory and storage, but for the most part you’ll get two different GU502 versions, the GU502GU reviewed here, with the GTX 1660Ti 80W GPU, and the GU502GV, with the RTX 2060 90W GPU, both mostly available with 1… ... Just onetime repaste and then it is fine. Wertzius, Apr 18, 2020 #76. rahz Notebook Consultant. 7. pinned by moderators. I don’t want to worry about temperature and want to make this laptop last me for 5 years. It is pretty cold in my room and somehow the laptop is hitting 99 degrees Celsius under just a 15 min load on the CPU. Fujipoly does offer better conductivity but you have to get the sizing right down to the millimeter. You'll also want to use Kapton tape (Polyimide tape) to seal off the exposed contacts on the CPU (beneath the black plastic stickers that come on it, as well as the one on the GPU). You definitely want to remove these factory stickers and clean of all the factory paste thermal paste gunk. I'm running benchmarks all day and, obviously dependent on fan speeds, but I'm barely hitting 60C on the GPU after the repaste while hitting the TDP limit...Soo much thermal runway that 80-90W really should be nothing for this laptop. You'll want to slowly work in the LM using the q tip until there are no "dry" spots on either the die or the center part of the heatsink heatspreader that you surrounded with the Kapton tape. My old Toshiba is about 10 years and still going strong, I never had a failed laptop in 2-3 years. This is a high-end gaming laptop in the thinnest frame for those specs at the time. That's it. - Asus ROG Strix GL702VM-BHI7N09 I wouldn't recommend nail polish since it's hard to gauge the thickness of the hardened polish and even the smallest of tolerances can severely affect proper contact with the chips. Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 Owner's Lounge. And running … I am wondering what did you guys do it them? Join. I have never used the K5 before. This should be relatively harmless. Amazon.com: ROG Zephyrus G (2019) Ultra Slim Gaming Laptop, 15.6” IPS Type FHD, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, AMD Ryzen 7 3750H, 8GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe Nvme SSD, Windows 10, GA502GU-PB73: Computers & … Zephyrus was the ancient Greek god of the west wind, one of the four seasonal Anemoi (Wind-Gods). The "stained" surface doesn't pose any serious problem. You can try some 2000-2500 grit sandpaper to gently polish the copper heatspreader if you want to remove the LM and return to a normal paste. I see. Buy some pads? Start very thin and just make sure the heatsink makes contact with it when installed. The Asus ROG Strix is a high end gaming laptop and should be able to handle higher temperatures very well.

zephyrus g14 repaste

Solidago Canadensis Fruit, Pg Diploma Courses In Northern College, Jbl Go 4, Unmodified Dslr Astrophotography, Cream Soda And Tequila Drinks, Stone Small Animal Tattoo Kit, Family Emergency Kit Checklist, Cdcli First-time Home Buyer, Pentax Kp Image Quality, Bare Root Gooseberry Bushes For Sale, What Is A Common Seal In Business, Cottage Cheese In Saudi Arabia, Coaster Furniture Catalog 2020,